It has flourished as a transportation hub since the days of the Kitamae ships.
It is a good port that is also used as an evacuation port for coastal navigation vessels, and the port was fully developed in the Meiji era (1868-1912) and had a great influence on the development of Oga City as a whole.
Furthermore, with the opening of the railroad, many oil- and timber-related companies are located here. In 1995, a national oil stockpile with a storage capacity of 4.48 million kiloliters was completed, and it also plays a role as an energy port.
Last Update: 2021-01-20